Cosy evenings by the fireplace have definitely replaced long summery evenings…
You may have recently transitioned your skincare routine (good on you!) but you’ve noticed that your skin still feels uncomfortable or gets easily irritated. These are signs that it could be dehydrated. Luckily, we’ve got you covered here with some beauty tips to help you get a healthy and hydrated complexion during this gorgeous, but sometimes demanding, season.
First, let’s go back to basics: what is skin dehydration? Dehydration occurs when your skin is lacking water. This is due to an alteration of the skin barrier function. Dehydration affects all skin types and is classified as a skin condition. Your environment, diet and genetics are major factors in developing dehydrated skin.
What to do
- Drink lots of water - it really helps to tackle the issue from the inside out.
- Adjust your skincare products - opt for deeply moisturising formulations, leave out strong detergents, alcohol or highly fragranced products.
- Night-time routine is key - layer on a moisturising serum prior to your face cream.
- Apply an SOS quenching face mask weekly to re-inject extra-moisture.
- Avoid long hot showers or baths as they over-dry your skin.